Vilnius, capital of the Lithuania, in 1975 during the Soviet Era: at that time population was 433 000. “Gedimino prospektas” is the main avenue of the city (prospektas → avenue) named after the Grand Duke of Lithuania, Gediminas aka Hedzimin (1275 – 1341). The old town centre of Vilnius, that includes several Baroque buildings, is an UNESCO’s World Heritage Site.

(photo: © 1975 Novosti news agency, Moscow – personal collection)


Gedimino avenue (Google Street View)

This content is also avalaible in: Italian

Share this