A “bird’s eye” map of the city of Los Angeles as it appeared in 1871, with historical notes and a map of the Spanish Ranchos in California. The Ranchos were territories that the first Spanish and later Mexican governments granted in the nineteenth century to encouraging human settlement. This map was published in 1929 by Women’s University Club of L.A. and endorsed by the Historical Society of Southern California.

Library of Congress

This content is also avalaible in: Italian

Share this