The port of Tallinn, capital of Estonia, in a 1975 picture. On the foreground one can see the bell tower of the St. Olaf’s Church. The tower is 124 meters tall, it is one of the tallest tower in Europe and a symbol of Tallinn. At that time (and for the whole soviet period, 1944-1991) the church was closed and the Soviet KGB used it as a radio station. Tallinn overlooks the Gulf of Finland in the eastern Baltic.
(photo: © 1975 Novosti news agency, Moscow – personal collection)
This content is also avalaible in: Italian